I should apologize now if you boss gets wind of this and it totally spoils your plan. :\ According to a new study, Monday is one of the top days of the year to fake a sick day.
A jobs website found the #1 day we pretended to be sick last year was the day after Christmas (understandable, but very predictable).
The top ten is actually dominated by Mondays!
1. December 26th.
2. April 22nd, the Monday after Easter.
3. January 2nd, right after New Year’s.
4. May 13th, the Monday after Mother’s Day.
5. July 8th, the first Monday after Independence Day.
6. August 12th, also a Monday.
7. March 18th, the Monday after St. Patrick’s Day.
8. October 21st, a random Monday in the lead-up to Halloween.
9. Monday, June 24th.
10. January 7th, which was a Monday last year.
Martin Luther King Day (which is this coming Monday) just missed the top 10 at #11.
And overall, the LEAST popular day to fake a sick day is on a Friday, which surprises me.