Minnesota is currently leading the nation with a goal of 600 new rainfall monitors this month! Join today and watch the hourly volunteer scoreboard grow in this March Madness competition between states!
What do I need to do to become a rainfall monitor?
- Have a keen interest in the weather
- Have internet access to submit reports by computer or use the CoCoRaHS Observer weather app on your smartphone
- Provide your own or purchase a standard 4-inch rain gauge (discounts available through CoCoRaHS)
- Join us for at least one season
- Volunteers are particularly needed in Greater Minnesota outside the Twin Cities metro area
To sign up:
- Complete the CoCoRaHS.org application OR
- Contact Luigi Romolo, State Climatologist, at [email protected]