Here are the changes approved by the NFL for the upcoming season
On Wednesday the NFL approved the following rule changes for the upcoming 2021 season:
- There will be no overtime in pre-season games.
- The Replay Official and designated members of the Officiating department to provide “certain objective information” to the on-field officials.
- All accepted penalties committed by either team during successive point after touchdown or 2-point conversion attempts will be enforced.
- A second forward pass from behind the line of scrimmage will result in a loss of down.
- A forward pass thrown after the ball returns behind the line of scrimmage will result in a loss of down.
- Jersey number options will be expanded for certain positions.